1. It’s just like spinach but better
2. It’s a perennial. So instead of having to keep reseeding your greens you do it once and its there forever!
3. It likes shade! Well semi shade so you can grow it under your trees and at woodland edges.
4. It looks great, it has lush foliage that makes a great ground cover.
5. The shoots can be eaten like asparagus
6. Leaves can be eaten like spinach
7. It’s rich in iron and calcium
8. It’s high in vitamins B and C
9. Does not need much care once established
10. Needs moderate water
11. Starts producing leaves and shoots in early spring.
12. Young flower buds can also be eaten.
13. Good for digestions and helps in indigestion.
14. Wildlife also like it. This can be good if you want to encourage them, or bad if you want to eat it. May need protection if wildlife is prevalent.
Try growing Good King Henry yourself this year.